- He will liaise effectively with other key management personnel and ensure safety, integrity, maintenance and operations in line with company procedures and during Offtake operations.
- Ensure adherence to industry best practices and compliance with statutory / regulatory and quality requirements on board the FPSO.
- Act as Marine focal point for Operation / Assurance and responsible for-
- Ensure that ISM / ISPS implementation on board the FPSO being carried out as per the IMO / Flag requirement. Organises and manages the specific operation / assurance related to Marine activities.
- All operations related to cargo, slop, ballast systems and associated equipment including stability of the vessel. All bunker stations, loading / offloading systems and associated equipment.
- All systems & operations associated with offloading, tandem offloading including hydraulic systems, winches, QCDC, hoses, hoses reels and hawsers.
- Safety control systems related to export operations, communications, SPM telemetry, emergency shutdown, QCDC, hawser release, load cell, metering system and FPSO Hull integrity.
- Navigational equipment, telecommunication systems, Berthing aid system, Navigation aids, Motion reference unit, Meteorological station & Offshore field monitoring system.
- Manages Marine / logistic team including access control management & the export Tanker / Tugs / Crafts.
- Highlights to management any points that may lead to concerns during operations / maintenance of Marine systems / equipment or deviate from availability and reliability targets.
- Complies with Statutes / Flag and legal legislations applicable for the FPSO. In charge of the FPSO statutory certifications follow-up, conservation and archiving.
- Assists HSE, production, maintenance and inspection teams when requested for typical Marine related activities for FPSO. Monitors availability of Safety critical elements and conducts Audits and implements recommendations.
- Envisages different emergencies & reviews Emergency preparedness periodically.
- Reviews Risk assessment / JSA for Critical Marine activities, Implements PTW systems in operation activities. Reviews SOPs and SMPs, MOC (Management of Change) and supports the implementation of approved MOCs.
- Competency Development: Identifies Training needs annually, Validates requirements of competencies, Prepares training calendar and submits after approval by HOD. Conducts evaluation of the learning effectiveness post training and upgrade required competencies for safe operations and maintenance.
Education Requirement :
Certificate of Competency Master Marine (F.G.)
BST/HUET or BOSIET Certification
Experience Requirement :
- Minimum 15 years experience in Marine field as an Marine officer.
- 3years experience as a Master on board Tankers
- 2 years experience in FPSO / SPM berting / unberting as a Port Captain / Pilot.
Skills & Competencies :
- Staff with strong Communication, Marine and analytical skills and expertise in use of applicable on-board programs. Specific understanding of Marine operations / assurance & broad understanding of Ship management related processes of FPSO.
- Fully complies with all ISM / ISPS / HSE requirements at all times and managing the Marine emergency situation (abandon, fire, Man over board etc.).
- Supervisory experience of Permit to Work, Mechanical/ Electrical isolation standards and Risk assessment.
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Functional Areas: Software/Testing/Networking
Read full job description